Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dry Skin Kitchen Remedies

In my brief experience with my dd, age 3, it seems that the best that we can do with eczema, short of prescription medication, is to keep it under control.  So, you may ask, what can I do to alleviate the dry and itchy skin of eczema?   During her worst outbreaks, I know that I have to apply some sort of emollient to my daughter’s skin at least twice daily and once before she goes to sleep at night.  Even then, I place a jar of Eva’s Shea Buttah Whip  or a Shea Lotion Bar on her nightstand so if her skin bothers her during the night, she can apply it herself.   Before I developed my formulas, (which do help and smell good too), I used quite a few things from my kitchen.  It’s all oil, isn’t it?


Please understand that I am no way giving medical advice and you should always consult with a medical professional.


Believe it or not, there are some kitchen cabinet remedies that you can use with your children or for yourself.    Crisco (or any solid vegetable oil) is comprised mainly of hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils.    Try applying a bit to a patch of dry skin – although it may not be the most attractive looking moisturizer, but it does work in a pinch.  You might also try canola or olive oil.  Try applying it after a bath or shower – a quick alternative to after bath oil.


Of course, you can always visit us at www.neosoulessentials.com for dry skin needs.



Powered by Qumana


No comments: