Saturday, May 24, 2008

Featured Business: Unitee Designs

In R. Lee Gordon's own words:


Three years ago, while still hard at work in and on Detroit, I started to research and write a business plan for my new company, UniTee Design. As a youth enrichment and ethnic empowerment enterprise, its primary mission is to rally Black Unity so we can find and deliver better ways to ensure our youth have more academic successes. I truly believe education is critical to uplifting the course of our future. And the most effective way to teach our children is together, one community, one parent and one person at a time.

I didn’t think it wise to rely on George or General Motors to give our young generation all they need to succeed, so I decided to produce and sell designer tee-shirts that represented the beautiful colors of our unity to fund leading youth education programs, and would create awareness, dialogue and, most of all, movement in my (and our) mission.

While it took a long leap of strong faith to jump from a well paying job and fruitful career, and put my own monies and my family’s (including a two week old daughter) well being at risk, my sole goal now and every day is to improve the successes of our children by promoting and supporting their quality of life and learning.


Visit her website at www.uniteedesign.com


Powered by Qumana


No comments: